|Package | PIN:||RUY | 28|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Industrial Innovative Charge Controller With Hybrid Power Boost Mode
- Adapter and Battery Provides Power to System Together forIntel® CPU Turbo Mode
- Ultra-Fast Transient Response of 150 µs toEnter Boost Mode
- Hybrid Power Boost Mode from 4.5- to 24-VSystem
- Charge 1- to 4-Cell Battery Pack from 4.5- to 24-V Adapter
- High Accuracy Power and Current Monitoring for CPU Throttling
- Comprehensive PROCHOTProfile
- ± 2% Current Monitor Accuracy
- ± 5% System PowerMonitor Accuracy (PMON)
- Automatic NMOS Power Source Selection from Adapter or Battery
- ACFET Fast Turn on in 100 µs
- Programmable Input Current, Charge Voltage, Charge and Discharge Current Limit
- ±0.4% Charge Voltage (16-mV step)
- ±2% Input Current (128-mA/step)
- ±2% Charge Current(64-mA/step)
- ±2% Discharge Current(512-mA/step)
- High Integration
- Battery LEARN Function
- Battery Present Monitor
- Boost Mode Indicator
- Loop Compensation
- BTST Diode
- Enhanced Safety Features for Overvoltage Protection, Overcurrent Protection, Battery, Inductor, and MOSFET Short-Circuit Protection
- Switching Frequency: 600 kHz, 800 kHz, and
- Realtime System Control on ILIM Pin to Limit Charge and Discharge Current
- 0.65 mA Adapter Standby Quiescent Current for Energy Star
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ24780SRUYT
The bq24780S device is a high-efficiency, synchronous battery charger, offering low componentcount for space-constrained, multi-chemistry battery charging applications.
The bq24780S device supports hybrid power boost mode (previously called "turbo boost mode"). Itallows battery discharge energy to system when system power demand is temporarily higher thanadapter maximum power level. Therefore, adapter does not crash.
The bq24780S device uses two charge pumps to separately drive N-channel MOSFETs (ACFET, RBFET,and BATFET) for automatic system power source selection.
Through SMBus, system power management microcontroller programs input current, chargecurrent, discharge current, and charge voltage DACs with high regulation accuracies.
The bq24780S device monitors adapter current (IADP), battery discharge current (IDCHG), andsystem power (PMON) for host to throttle back CPU speed or reduce system power when needed.
The bq24780S device charges 1-, 2-, 3-, or 4-series Li+ cells.