|Package | PIN:||DQC | 10|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 30V Input Rating, with Overvoltage Protection (OVP)
- Input Voltage Dynamic Power Management Feature
- 50mA Integrated Low Dropout Linear Regulator (LDO)
- 1% Charge Voltage Regulation Accuracy
- 10% Charge Current Accuracy
- Single-Input Interface Selects USB 100mA, 500mA or User-Programmable Maximum Input Current Limit
- 4.2V at 2.3A Production Test Mode
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown Protection for Output Current Control
- Soft-Start Feature to Reduce Inrush Current
- Status Indication - Power Good and Charging/Done
- Available in Small 2mm × 3mm DFN-10 Package
- Mobile Phones
- Smart Phones
- Portable Media Players
- Portable Navigation Devices
- Low-Power Handheld Devices
Texas Instruments BQ25040DQCR
The bq25040 is an integrated Li-ion linear battery charger targeted at space-limited portable applications. It operates from either a USB port or AC adapter and charges a single cell Li-Ion battery with up to 1.1A of charge current.
The bq25040 has a single power output that charges the battery. A system load can be placed in parallel with the battery. The charge current is programmed using the ISET and EN/SET inputs. The input current limit is programmable to USB100, USB500 or a user programmed current limit up to 1.1A. Additionally, a 4.9V ±3% 50mA LDO is integrated into the IC for supplying low power external circuitry. The single-input interface (EN/SET) is used to select the charge current and to place the bq25040 into Production Test Mode. In Production Test Mode, the bq25040 operates as a linear regulator without a battery connected, where the output is regulated at 4.2V and supplies up to 2.3A to calibrate GSM transceivers.
The battery is charged in three phases: conditioning, constant current and constant voltage. In all charge phases, an internal control loop monitors the IC junction temperature and reduces the charge current if an internal temperature threshold is exceeded.
The charger power stage and charge current sense functions are fully integrated. The charger function has accuracy current and voltage regulation loops, charge status display, and charge termination.