|Package | PIN:||YFF | 30|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Operation as Parallel Charger to Provide Fast Charging in Dual Charger Operation
- High-Efficiency, 1.5-MHz, Synchronous Switch-Mode Buck Charger
- 92% Charge Efficiency at 2 A from 5-V Input
- Optimized forUSB Voltage Input (5 V)
- Low Power Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM) Mode forLight Load Operations
- Single Input to Support USB Input and High Voltage Adapters
- Support 3.9-V to 13.5-V Input Voltage Range With 22-V Absolute Maximum InputVoltage Rating
- Programmable Input Current Limit (100 mA to 3.2 A With 100-mAResolution) to Support USB 2.0, USB 3.0 Standards and High Voltage Adaptors(IINDPM)
- Maximum Power Tracking by Input Voltage Limit Up to 5.4 V(VINDPM)
- VINDPM Threshold Automatically Tracks Battery Voltage
- High Charge Efficiency With 19.5-mΩ Charging Current Sensing MOSFET
- Narrow VDC (NVDC) Power Path Management
- Instant-On Works with No Battery or Deeply Discharged Battery
- Ideal Diode Operation in Battery Supplement Mode
- Flexible Autonomous and I2C Mode for Optimal System Performance
- High Integration Includes All MOSFETs, Current Sensing and Loop Compensation
- 17-µA Low Battery Leakage Current
- High Accuracy
- ±0.5% Charge Voltage Regulation
- ±5% at 1.5-A ChargeCurrent Regulation
- ±6% at 1.38-A Charge CurrentRegulation
- ±10% at 0.9-A Input Current Regulation
- RemoteBattery Sensing for Fast Charge
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ25600CYFFR
The bq25600C devices are highly-integrated 3.0-A switch-mode battery charge managementand system power path management device for single cell Li-Ion and Li-polymer battery. The lowimpedance power path optimizes switch-mode operation efficiency and reduces battery charging time.The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings makes thedevice a truly flexible solution.
The bq25600C is highly-integrated 3.0-A switch-mode battery charge management and systempower path management device for single cell Li-Ion and Li-polymer battery. It features fastcharging with high input voltage and high efficiency, which supports parallel charge applicationsfor a wide range of smart phones, tablets and portable devices. The bq25600C has different I2Caddress from bq25600 and thus only single I2C bus is needed when bq25600 is selected as a maincharger and bq25600C is selected as a parallel charger. Its low impedance power path optimizesswitch-mode operation efficiency, reduces battery charging time. Its input voltage and currentregulation and battery remote sensing deliver maximum charging power to battery. The solution ishighly integrated with input reverse-blocking FET (RBFET, Q1), high-side switching FET (HSFET, Q2),low-side switching FET (LSFET, Q3), and battery FET (BATFET, Q4) between system and battery. Italso integrates the bootstrap diode for the high-side gate drive for simplified system design. TheI2C serial interface with charging and system settings makes the devicea truly flexible solution.
The device supports a wide range of input sources, including standard USB host port, USBcharging port, and USB compliant high voltage adapter. The device sets default input current limitbased on the built-in USB interface. To set the default input current limit, the device uses thebuilt-in USB interface, or takes the result from detection circuit in the system, such as USB PHYdevice. The device is compliant with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 power spec with input current and voltageregulation.
The device initiates and completes a charging cycle without software control. It sensesthe battery voltage and charges the battery in three phases: pre-conditioning, constant current andconstant voltage. At the end of the charging cycle, the charger automatically terminates when thecharge current is below a preset limit and the battery voltage is higher than recharge threshold.If the fully charged battery falls below the recharge threshold, the charger automatically startsanother charging cycle.
The charger provides various safety features for battery charging and system operations,including charging safety timer and overvoltage and overcurrent protections. The thermal regulationreduces charge current when the junction temperature exceeds 110°C (programmable). The STAT outputreports the charging status and any fault conditions. Other safety features include thermalregulation and thermal shutdown and input UVLO and overvoltage protection. The VBUS_GD bitindicates if a good power source is present. The INT output Immediatelynotifies host when fault occurs.
The devices are available in 30-ball, 2.0 mm × 2.4 mm WCSP package.