|Package | PIN:||RSN | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Charge 1- to 4-Cell Battery From Wide Range of Input Sources
- 3.5-V to 24-V Input Operating Voltage
- Supports USB2.0,USB 3.0, USB 3.1 (Type C), and USB_PD Input Current Settings
- SeamlessTransition Between Buck and Boost Operation
- Input current and VoltageRegulation (IDPM and VDPM) Against Source Overload
- Power/Current Monitor for CPU Throttling
- Comprehensive PROCHOT Profile, IMVP8Compliant
- Input and Battery Current Monitor
- System Power Monitor,IMVP8 Compliant
- Narrow-VDC (NVDC) Power Path Management
- Instant-On With No Battery or Deeply Discharged Battery
- Battery Supplements System When Adapter is Fully-Loaded
- Ideal Diode Operationin Supplement Mode
- 800-kHz or 1.2-MHz Programmable Switching Frequency for 1-µH to 3.3-µH Inductor
- Host Control Interface for Flexible System Configuration
- SMBus Port for Optimal System Performance and StatusReporting
- Hardware Pin to Set Input Current Limit Without ECControl
- Integrated ADC to Monitor Voltage, Current and Power
- High Accuracy Regulation and Monitor
- ±0.5% Charge Voltage Regulation
- ±2% Input/Charge CurrentRegulation
- ±2% Input/Charge Current Monitor
- ±5% PowerMonitor
- Thermal Shutdown
- Input, System, Battery OvervoltageProtection
- MOSFET Inductor Overcurrent Protection
- Low Battery Quiescent Current
- Input Current Optimizer (ICO) to Extract Max Input Power
- Charge any Battery Chemistry: Li+, LiFePO4, NiCd, NiMH, Lead Acid
- Package: 32-Pin 4 × 4 WQFN
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ25708RSNR
The bq25708 is a synchronous NVDC battery buck-boost charge controller, offering lowcomponent count, high efficiency solution for space-constraint, multi-chemistry battery chargingapplications.
The NVDC-1 configuration allows the system to be regulated at battery voltage, but notdrop below system minimum voltage. The system keeps operating even when the battery is completelydischarged or removed. When load power exceeds input source rating, the battery goes intosupplement mode and prevents the system from crashing.
The bq25708 charges battery from a wide range of input sources including USB adapter,high voltage USB PD sources and traditional adapters.
During power up, the charger sets converter to buck, boost or buck-boost configurationbased on input source and battery conditions. The charger automatically transits among buck, boostand buck-boost configuration without host control.
The bq25708 monitors adapter current, battery current and system power. The flexiblyprogrammed PROCHOT output goes directly to CPU for throttle back whenneeded.