|Package | PIN:||DRZ | 12|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Autonomous Battery Charging Control Using Dedicated Master Mode I2C Interface
- Cell Balancing with Internal Bypass To Optimize Battery Health
- High-Side Protection N-CH FET Drive Allows Serial Bus Communication During Fault Conditions
- Programmable Protection Levels for Voltage, Current, and Temperature
- Analog Front End with Two Independent ADCs
- Support for Simultaneous Current and Voltage Sampling
- High-Accuracy Coulomb Counter with Input Offset Error < 1 µV(Typical)
- Supports Down to 1-mΩ Current Sense Resistor While Capable of 1-mA Current Measurement
- Supports Battery Trip Point (BTP) Function for Windows® Integration
- SHA-1 Authentication Responder for Increased Battery Pack Security
- 400-kHz I2C Bus Communications Interface for High-Speed Programming and Data Access
- Compact 12-Pin VSON Package (DRZ)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ28Z610DRZR
The Texas Instruments bq28z610 device is a highly integrated, accurate, 1-series to2-series cell gas gauge and protection solution, enabling autonomous charger control and cellbalancing.
The bq28z610 device enables autonomous charge control through Master ModeI2C broadcasts of charging current and voltage information, eliminatingsoftware overhead that is typically incurred by the systems host controller.
The bq28z610 device provides a fully integrated pack-based solution with a flashprogrammable custom reduced instruction-set CPU (RISC), safety protection, and authentication for1- to 2-series cell Li-Ion and Li-Polymer battery packs.
The bq28z610 gas gauge communicates via an I2C compatibleinterface and combines an ultra-low-power, high-speed TI bqBMP processor, high-accuracy analogmeasurement capabilities, integrated flash memory, an array of peripheral and communication ports,an N-CH FET drive, and a SHA-1 Authentication transform responder into a complete, high-performancebattery management solution.
The bq28z610 device provides an array of battery and systemsafety functions, including overcurrent in discharge, short circuit in charge, and short circuit indischarge protection for the battery, as well as FET protection for the N-channel FETs, internalAFE watchdog, and cell balancing. Through firmware, the devices can provide a larger array offeatures including protection against overvoltage, undervoltage, overtemperature, and more.