|Package | PIN:||DSG | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 110)|
- 2-Series, 3-Series, and 4-Series Cell Overvoltage Protection (OVP)
- Fixed Delay Timer to Trigger FET Drive Output
(3-s, 4-s, 5.5-s or 6.5-s Options)
- Factory Programmed OVP Threshold (Threshold Range 3.85 V to 4.6 V)
- Output Options: Active High
- High-Accuracy Overvoltage Protection:
- Regulated Supply Output With Self-Disable and/or External Enable/Disable Control
- Options: 3.3-V, 2.5-V, and 1.8-V (bq2960, bq2961)
- Options:3.3-V, 3.15-V, 3.0-V (bq2962)
- Low Power Consumption ICC ≈ 4 µA
(VCELL(ALL) < VPROTECT)
- Extra Low Power Consumption With REG Output Disabled, ICC ~ 1.2 µA
- Low Leakage Current Per Cell Input < 100 nA
- Small Package Footprint
- 8-Pin WSON (2 mm × 2mm)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ296106DSGR
The bq296xxx family is a high accuracy, low power overvoltage protector with a1-mA regulated output supply for Li-Ion battery pack applications.
Each cell in a 2-series to 4-series cell stack is individually monitored for anovervoltage condition. An internally fixed-delay timer is initiated upon detection of anovervoltage condition on any cell; upon expiration of the delay timer, an output pin is triggeredinto an active state to indicate that an overvoltage condition has occurred.
The regulated output supply delivers up to 1-mA (max) output current to drive always-oncircuits, such as a real-time clock (RTC) oscillator. The bq296xxx family has a self-disablefunction to turn off the regulated output if any cell voltage falls below a certain threshold,thereby preventing drain on the battery, and provides an external control to enable or disable theregulated output.