|Package | PIN:||WSON (DSG) | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 110)|
- 2-series, 3-series, and 4-series cell overvoltage protection (OVP)
- Fixed delay timer to trigger FET drive output
(3-s, 4-s, 5.5-s, or 6.5-s options)
- Factory programmed OVP threshold (threshold range 3.85 V to 4.6 V)
- Output options: active high
- High-accuracy overvoltage protection:
- Regulated supply output with self-disable and/or external enable/disable control
- Options: 3.3-V, 2.5-V, and 1.8-V (BQ2960, BQ2961)
- Options:3.3-V, 3.15-V, 3.0-V (BQ2962)
- Low power consumption ICC ~ 4 µA
(VCELL(ALL) < VPROTECT)
- Extra low power consumption with reg output disabled, ICC ~ 1.2 µA
- Low leakage current per cell input < 100 nA
- Small package footprint
- 8-Pin WSON (2 mm × 2mm)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ296113DSGR
The BQ296xxx family is a high-accuracy, low-power overvoltage protector with a2-mA regulated output supply for Li-Ion battery packapplications.
Each cell in a 2-series to 4-series cell stack is individually monitored for anovervoltage condition. An internally fixed-delay timer is initiated upon detection of anovervoltage condition on any cell. Upon expiration of the delay timer, an output pin is triggeredinto an active state to indicate that an overvoltage condition has occurred.
The regulated output supply delivers up to 2-mA (max) output current to drive always-oncircuits, such as a real-time clock (RTC) oscillator. The BQ296xxx family has a self-disablefunction to turn off the regulated output if any cell voltage falls below a certain threshold,thereby preventing drain on the battery, and provides an external control to enable or disable theregulated output.