|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Automatic Switchover to Backup Supply
- I2C Interface Supports Serial Clock up to 400 kHz
- Uses 32.768-kHz Crystal With –63-ppm to
- Integrated Oscillator-Fail Detection
- 8-Pin SOIC Package
- –40°C to 85°C Ambient Operating Temperature
Texas Instruments BQ32000D
The bq32000 device is a compatible replacement for industry standard real-time clocks.
The bq32000 features an automatic backup supply with integrated trickle charger. The backup supply can be implemented using a capacitor or non-rechargeable battery. The bq32000 has a programmable calibration adjustment from –63 ppm to +126 ppm. The bq32000 registers include an OF (oscillator fail) flag indicating the status of the RTC oscillator, as well as a STOP bit that allows the host processor to disable the oscillator. The time registers are normally updated once per second, and all the registers are updated at the same time to prevent a timekeeping glitch. The bq32000 includes automatic leap-year compensation.