|Package | PIN:||PW | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Fully Integrated 2, 3, 4 and 5-Series Super Capacitor Manager
- Can Be Used With Up to 9 Series Capacitors Without Individual Integrated Capacitor Monitoring and Balancing
- Active Capacitor Voltage Balancing
- Prevents Super Capacitor Overvoltage During Charging
- Capacitor Health Monitoring
- Capacitance Learning
- ESR Measurement
- Operation Status
- State of Charge
- Charging Voltage and Current Reports
- Safety Alerts With Optional Pin Indication
- Integrated Protection Monitoring and Control
- Short Circuit
- Excessive Temperature
- Excessive Capacitor Leakage
- 2-Wire SMBus Serial Communications
- High-Accuracy 16-Bit Delta-Sigma ADC With a 16-Channel Multiplexer for Measurement
- Used for Voltage, Current and Temperature
- Low Power Consumption
- < 660 µA in Normal Operating Mode
- <1 µA in Shutdown Mode
- Wide Operating Temperature: –40°C to +85°C
Texas Instruments BQ33100PWR
The Texas Instruments bq33100 Super Capacitor Manager is a fully integrated, single-chip, solution that provides a rich array of features for charge control, monitoring, and protection, for either 2, 3, 4, or 5 series Super Capacitors with individual capacitor monitoring and balancing or up to 9 series capacitors with only the stack voltage being measured. With a small footprint of 7.8 × 6.4 mm in a compact 24-pin TSSOP package, the bq33100 maximizes functionality and safety while dramatically increasing ease of use and cutting the solution cost and size for Super Capacitor applications.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Using its integrated high-performance analog peripherals, the bq33100 measures and maintains an accurate record of available capacitance, state-of-health, voltage, current, temperature, and other critical parameters in Super Capacitors, and reports the information to the system host controller over a 2-wire SMBus 1.1 compatible interface.
The bq33100 provides firmware controlled protection on overvoltage, overtemperature, and overcharge along with hardware controlled protection for overcurrent in discharge and short circuit protection during charge and discharge.