|Package | PIN:||PW | 14|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Accurate End-Of-Service (EOS) Determination for Batteries in Rarely Discharged Applications
- Compensated End-of-Discharge Voltage (CEDV) Gas Gauge for Single- and Multi-Cell Batteries, Providing
- State-Of-Charge (SOC)
- Time-To-Empty (TTE)
- State-Of-Health (SOH)
- Watt-Hour–Based Charge Termination
- Supports Voltages up to 65 V, Capacities up to 32 Ah, and Currents up to 32 A—with Options to Extend Beyond These Levels Using Scaling
- Supports Li-Ion, LiFePO4, Lead-Acid (PbA), NiMH, and NiCd Chemistries
- Dual Configurable Host Interrupt or GPO
- Lifetime Data Logging Options
- Precision Coulomb Counter, Voltage, and Temperature Measurement
- Power Enable Control
- I2C™ Communication with Host
- Accumulated Charge Coulomb Counting with Configurable Interrupt
- SHA-1 Authentication
Texas Instruments BQ34110PW
The bq34110 CEDV Battery Gas Gauge provides CEDV gas gauging and End-Of-Service (EOS) Determination for single- and multi-cell batteries. The device includes enhanced features to support applications where the battery is kept fully charged and is rarely discharged, such as found in a wide variety of backup systems. The bq34110 gas gauge supports multiple battery chemistries, including Li-Ion and LiFePO4, lead acid (PbA), Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH), and Nickel Cadmium (NiCd).
The gas gauging function uses voltage, current, and temperature data with Compensated End-of-Discharge Voltage (CEDV) technology to provide State-Of-Charge (SOC) and State-Of-Health (SOH) data. The gas gauge also incorporates an End-Of-Service (EOS) Determination function that alerts when battery capability has degraded and is approaching the conclusion of its usable service.
The data available from the gauge can be read by the host through a 400-kHz I2C bus. Two ALERT outputs are also available to interrupt the host or can be used for other functions, based on a variety of configurable options.