|Package | PIN:||DBT | 44|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Next Generation Patented Impedance Track™ Technology Accurately Measures Available Charge in Li-Ion and Li-Polymer Batteries
- Better than 1% Error over the Lifetime of the Battery
- Supports the Smart Battery Specification
- Flexible Configuration for 2-Series to 4-Series Li-Ion and Li-Polymer Cells
- Battery Temperature Heater Control
- Powerful 8-Bit RISC CPU with Ultralow Power Modes
- Full Array of Programmable Protection Features
- Voltage, Current, and Temperature
- Satisfies JEITA Guidelines
- Added Flexibility to Handle More Complex Charging Profiles
- Lifetime Data Logging
- Drives 3-, 4-, and 5-Segment LCD Display for Battery-Pack Conditions
- Supports SHA-1 Authentication
- Complete Battery Protection and Gas Gauge Solution in One Package
- Available in a 44-Pin TSSOP (DBT) package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ34Z653DBTR
The bq34z653 SBS-compliant gas gauge and protection IC, incorporatingpatented Impedance Track™ technology, is a single IC solution designed for battery-pack orin-system installation. The bq34z653 measures and maintains an accurate record of available chargein Li-Ion or Li-Polymer batteries using its integrated high-performance analog peripherals. Thebq34z653 monitors capacity change, battery impedance, open-circuit voltage, and other criticalparameters of the battery pack, which reports the information to the system host controller over aserial-communication bus. Together with the integrated analog front-end (AFE) short-circuit andoverload protection, the bq34z653 maximizes functionality and safety while minimizing externalcomponent count, cost, and size in smart battery circuits.
The implemented Impedance Track gas gauging technology continuously analyzes the batteryimpedance, resulting in superior gas-gauging accuracy. This enables remaining capacity to becalculated with discharge rate, temperature, and cell aging—all accounted for during each stage ofevery cycle with high accuracy.