|Package | PIN:||RSM | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High-Side Protection N-CH FET Drive Enables Serial Bus Communication During Fault Conditions
- Cell Balancing with Internal Bypass Optimizes Battery Health
- Diagnostic Lifetime Data Monitor and Black Box Recorder for Failure Analysis
- Full Array of Programmable Protection Features: Voltage, Current, Temperature
- JEITA Charge Algorithms Support Smart Charging
- Analog Front End with Two Independent ADCs
- Simultaneous Current and Voltage Sampling
- High-AccuracyCoulomb Counter with Input Offset Error < 1 µV (Typical)
- Supports Battery Trip Point (BTP) Function for Windows® Integration
- LED Display for State of Charge and Battery Status Indication
- 100-KHz SMBus v1.1 Communications Interface for Programming and Data Access with Alternate 400-KHz Mode
- SHA-1 Authentication Responder for Increased Battery Pack Security
- Compact 32-Pin VQFN Package (RSM)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ4050RSMR
The Texas Instruments bq4050device, incorporating Compensated End-of-Discharge Voltage (CEDV) technology, is a highlyintegrated, accurate, 1-series to 4-series cell gas gauge and protection solution, enablingautonomous charger control and cell balancing.
The bq4050 device provides a fully integrated pack-based solution with a flashprogrammable custom reduced instruction-set CPU (RISC), safety protection, and authentication forLi-Ion and Li-Polymer battery packs.
The bq4050 gas gauge communicates via an SMBus-compatible interface and combines anultra-low power, high-speed TI bqBMP processor, high-accuracy analog measurement capabilities,integrated flash memory, an array of peripheral and communication ports, an N-CH FET drive, and aSHA-1 Authentication transform responder into a complete, high-performance battery managementsolution.