|Package | PIN:||RSM | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Fully Integrated 1-Series, 2-Series, 3-Series, and 4-Series Li-Ion or Li-Polymer Cell Battery Pack Manager and Protection
- Next-Generation Patented Impedance Track™ Technology Accurately Measures Available Charge in Li-Ion and Li-Polymer Batteries
- High Side N-CH Protection FET Drive
- Integrated Cell Balancing While Charging or At Rest
- Suitable for Batteries Between 100 mAh and 29 Ah
- Full Array of Programmable Protection Features
- Sophisticated Charge Algorithms
- Adaptive Charging
- Supports TURBO Mode 2.0
- Supports Battery Trip Point (BTP)
- Diagnostic Lifetime Data Monitor and Black Box Recorder
- LED Display
- Supports Two-Wire SMBus v1.1 Interface
- SHA-1 Authentication
- IATA Support
- Compact Package: 32-Lead QFN (RSM)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ40Z50RSMR-R2
The bq40z50-R2 device, incorporatingpatented Impedance Track™ technology, is a fully integrated,single-chip, pack-based solution that provides a rich array of features for gas gauging,protection, and authentication for 1-series, 2-series, 3-series, and 4-series cell Li-Ion andLi-Polymer battery packs.
Using its integrated high-performance analog peripherals, the bq40z50-R2 device measures and maintains an accurate record of availablecapacity, voltage, current, temperature, and other critical parameters in Li-Ion or Li-Polymerbatteries, and reports this information to the system host controller over an SMBus v1.1 compatibleinterface.
The bq40z50-R2 device supports TURBO Mode 2.0 by providingthe available max power and max current to the host system. The device also supports Battery TripPoint to send a BTP interrupt signal to the host system at the preset state of charge thresholds.
The bq40z50-R2 provides software-based 1st- and 2nd-levelsafety protection against overvoltage, undervoltage, overcurrent, short-circuit current, overload,and overtemperature conditions, as well as other pack- and cell-related faults.
SHA-1 authentication, with secure memory for authentication keys, enables identificationof genuine battery packs.
The compact 32-lead QFN package minimizes solution cost and size for smart batterieswhile providing maximum functionality and safety for battery gauging applications.