- Robust 5-W Solution With 50% Lower Losses
for Improved Thermals
- Inductorless Receiver for Lowest Height
- Adjustable Output Voltage (4.5 to 8 V) for Coil
and Thermal Optimization
- Fully Synchronous Rectifier With 96% Efficiency
- 97% Efficient Post Regulator
- 79% System Efficiency at 5 W
- WPC v1.1 Compliant Communication
- Patented Transmitter Pad Detect Function Improves User
- Alignment Feature Through I2C Allows for User
Training to Find Best Position on Surface of TX
The bq5102x device is a fully contained wireless power receiver capable of operating with the WPC v1.1 protocol which allows a wireless power system to deliver up to 5 W to the system when used with a Qi inductive transmitter. The bq5102x device provides a single device power conversion (rectification and regulation) as well as the digital control and communication for WPC specification. With market-leading efficiency and adjustable output voltage, the bq5102x device allows for unparalleled efficiency and system optimization. I2C also allows system designers to implement interesting new features such as aligning a receiver on the transmitter surface, or detecting foreign objects on the receiver. The receiver allows for synchronous rectification, regulation and control and communication to all exist in a market leading form factor, efficiency, and solution size.
For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.