|Package | PIN:||PFC | 80|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Monitors and Balances 6-to-16 Cells per Device
- Highly Accurate Monitoring
- High Performance 14-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) With Internal Reference
- All Cells Converted in 2.4 ms (Nominal)
- Eight AUX Inputs for Temperature and Other Sensors with Input Voltage of 0 V to 5 V
- Internal Precision Reference
- Integrated Protector With Separate Vref for Overvoltage (OV) and Undervoltage (UV) Comparators and Programmable VCELL Set Points
- Engineered for High System Robustness
- Up to 1-Mb/s Stackable Isolated Differential-UART
- Up to 16 ICs in Daisy-Chain With Twisted Pair
- Passes Bulk Current Injection (BCI) Test
- Designed for Robust Hot-Plug Performance
- Passive Balancing with External n-FETs and Active Balancing with EMB1428Q/EMB1499Q
Texas Instruments BQ76PL455APFCR
The bq76PL455A device is an integrated 16-cell battery monitoring and protection device, designed for high-reliability, high-voltage industrial applications. The integrated high-speed, differential, capacitor-isolated communications interface allows up to sixteen bq76PL455A devices to communicate with a host through a single high-speed Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART) interface.
The bq76PL455A monitors and detects several different fault conditions, including: overvoltage, undervoltage, overtemperature, and communication faults. Six GPIO ports as well as eight analog AUX ADC inputs are included for additional monitoring and programmable functionality. A secondary thermal shutdown is included for further protection.
The bq76PL455A has features that customers may find useful to help them meet functional safety standard requirements. See Safety Manual for bq76PL455A-Q1 (SLUUB67).