|Package | PIN:||NS | 16|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Medium speed operation 10 MHz (typ.) at VDD VSS = 10 V
- Fully static operation
- 100% tested for quiescent current at 20 V
- Standardized, symmetrical output characteristics
- 5-V, 10-V, and 15-V parametric ratings
- Maximum input current of 1 µA at 18 V over full package-temperature range; 100 nA at 18 V and 25°C
- Noise margin (full package-temperature range) =
1 V at VDD = 5 V
2 V at VDD = 10 V
2.5 V at VDD = 15 V
- Meets all requirements of JEDEC Tentative Standard No. 13B, "Standard Specifications for Description of B Series CMOS Devices"
- Fixed and programmable divide-by-10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 counters
- Fixed and programmable counters greater than 10
- Programmable decade counters
- Divide-by-"N" counters/frequency synthesizers
- Frequency division
- Counter control/timers
Texas Instruments CD4018BNSR
CD4018B types consist of 5 Johnson-Counter stages, buffered Q outputs from each stage, and counter preset control gating. CLOCK, RESET, DATA, PRESET ENABLE, and 5 individual JAM inputs are provided. Divide by 10, 8, 6, 4, or 2 counter configurations can be implemented by feeding the Q\5, Q\4, Q\3, Q\2, Q\1 signals, respectively, back to the DATA input. Divide-by-9, 7, 5, or 3 counter configurations can be implemented by the use of a CD4011B to gate the feedback connection to the DATA input. Divide-by functions grater than 10 can be achieved by use of multiple CD4018B units. The counter is advanced one count at the positive clock-signal transition.. Schmitt Trigger action on the clock line permits unlimited clock rise and fall times. A high RESET signal clear the counter to an all-zero condition. A high PRESET-ENABLE signal allows information on the JAM inputs to preset the counter. Anti-lock gating is provided to assure the proper counting sequence.
The CD4018B types are supplied in 16-lead hermetic dual-in-line ceramic packages (F3A suffix), 16-lead dual-in-line plastic packages (E suffix), 16-lead small-outline packages (M, M96, MT, and NSR suffixes), and 16-lead thin shrink small-outline packages (PW and PWR suffixes).