|Package | PIN:||PDIP (N) | 16|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Medium-speed operation - fCL = 8 NHz typ. at 10 V
- Synchronous internal carry propagation
- Reset and Preset capability
- 100% tested for quiescent current at 20 V
- 5-V, 10-V, and 15-V parametric ratings
- Standardized, symmetrical output characteristics
- Maximum input current of 1 µA at 18 V over full package-temperature range; 100 nA at 18 V and 25°C
- Noise margin (full package-temperature range) =
1 V at VDD = 5 V
2 V at VDD = 10 V
2.5 V at VDD = 15 V
- Meets all requirements of JEDEC Tentative Standard No. 13B, "Standard Specifications for Description of B Series CMOS Devices"
- Up/Down difference counting
- Multistage synchronous counting
- Multistage ripple counting
- Synchronous frequency dividers
CD4510B ---BCD Type
CD4516B ---Binary Type
Texas Instruments CD4516BE
CD4510B Presettable BCD Up/Down Counter and the CD4516 Presettable Binary Up/Down Counter consist of four synchronously clocked D-type flip-flops (with a gating structure to provide T-type flip-flop capability) connected as counters. These counters can be cleared by a high level on the RESET line, and can be preset to any binary number present on the jam inputs by a high level on the PRESET ENABLE line. The CD4510B will count out of non-BCD counter states in a maximum of two clock pulses in the up mode, and a maximum of four clock pulses in the down mode.
If the CARRY-IN input is held low, the counter advances up or down on each positive-going clock transition. Synchronous cascading is accomplished by connecting all clock inputs in parallel and connecting the CARRY-OUT of a less significant stage to the CARRY-IN of a more significant stage.
The CD4510B and CD4516B can be cascaded in the ripple mode by connecting the CARRY-OUT to the clock of the next stage. If the UP/DOWN input changes during a terminal count, the CARRY-OUT must be gated with the clock, and the UP/DOWN input must change while the clock is high. This method provides a clean clock signal to the subsequent counting stage. (See Fig.15).
These devices are similar to types MC14510 and MC14516.
The CD4510B and CD4516B types are supplied in 16-lead dual-in-line plastic packages (E suffix), 16-lead small-outline packages (NSR suffix), and 16-lead thin shrink small-outline packages (PW and PWR suffixes). The CD4516B types also are supplied in 16-lead hermetic dual-in-line ceramic packages (F3A suffix).