|Package | PIN:||N | 16|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Reset disables the RC oscillator for low-power standby condition
- VDD and VSS pins are brought out from the crystal oscillator to allow use of external resistors for low-power operation
- Maximum input current of 1 µA at 18 V over full package-temperature range:
100 nA at 18 V and 25°C
- Common reset
- 100% tested for 20-V quiescent current
- 5, 10 and 15 V parametric ratings
- Standardized symmetrical output characteristics
- Meets all requirements of JEDEC Tentative Standard No. 13B, "Standard Specifications for Description of B Series CMOS Devices"
Data sheet acquired from Harris Semiconductor
Texas Instruments CD4521BE
CD4521B consists of an oscillator section and 24 ripple-carry binary counter stages. The oscillator configuration (using IN1) allows design of either RC or crystal oscillator circuits. IN1 should be tied either HIGH or LOW when not in use. A HIGH on the RESET causes the counter to go to the all-0s state and disables the oscillator. The count is advanced on the negative transition of IN1 (and IN2). A time-saving test mode is described in the Functional Test Sequence Table and in Fig. 6.
The CD4521B types are supplied in 16-lead dual-in-line plastic packages (E suffix), 16-lead small-outline packages (M, M96, MT, and NSR suffixes), and 16-lead thin shrink small-outline packages (PW and PWR suffixes).