|Package | PIN:||PW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High-Performance Clock Synthesizer
- Uses a 20 MHz Crystal Input to Generate Multiple Output Frequencies
- Integrated Load Capacitance for 20 MHz Oscillator Reducing System Cost
- All PLL Loop Filter Components are Integrated
- Generates the Following Clocks:
- REF CLK 20 MHz (Buffered)
- XCG CLK 100 MHz With SSC
- DMD CLK 200-400 MHz With Selectable SSC
- Very Low Period Jitter Characteristic:
- ±100 ps at 20 MHz Output
- ±75 ps at 100 MHz and 200-400 MHz Outputs
- Includes Spread-Spectrum Clocking (SSC), With Down Spread for 100 MHz and Center Spread for 200-400 MHz
- HCLK Differential Outputs for the 100 MHz and the 200-400 MHz Clock
- Operates From Single 3.3-V Supply
- Packaged in TSSOP20
- Characterized for the Industrial Temperature Range -40°C to 85°C
- ESD Protection Exceeds JESD22
- 2000-V Human-Body Model (A114-C) - MIL-STD-883, Method 3015
- TYPICAL APPLICATIONS
- Central Clock Generator for DLP Systems
Texas Instruments CDCDLP223PW
The CDCDLP223 is a PLL-based high performance clock synthesizer that is optimized for use in DLP systems. It uses a 20 MHz crystal to generate the fundamental frequency and derives the frequencies for the 100 MHz HCLK and the 300 MHz HCLK output. Further, the CDCDLP223 generates a buffered copy of the 20 MHz Crystal Oscillator Frequency at the 20 MHz output terminal.
The 100 MHz HCLK output provides the reference clock for the XDR Clock Generator (CDCD5704). Spread-spectrum clocking with 0.5% down spread, which reduces Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI), is applied in the default configuration. The spread-spectrum clocking (SSC) is turned on and off via the serial control interface.
The 300 MHz HCLK output provides a 200-400 MHz clock signal for the DMD Control Logic of the DLP Control ASIC. Frequency selection in 20 MHz steps is possible via the serial control interface. Spread-spectrum clocking with ±1.0% or ±1.5% center spread is applied, which can be disabled via the serial control interface
The CDCDLP223 features a fail safe start-up circuit, which enables the PLLs only if a sufficient supply voltage is applied and a stable oscillation is delivered from the crystal oscillator. After the crystal start-up time and the PLL stabilization time, all outputs are ready for use.
The CDCDLP223 works from a single 3.3-V supply and is characterized for operation from -40°C to 85°C.