|Package | PIN:||DDC | 6|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- DAC121S101-Q1 is AEC-Q100 Grade 1 Qualified
and is Manufactured on an Automotive Grade
- Ensured Monotonicity
- Low Power Operation
- Rail-to-Rail Voltage Output
- Power-on Reset to Zero Volts Output
- Wide Temperature Range of 40°C to +125°C
- Wide Power Supply Range of 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Small Packages
- Power Down Feature
- Key Specifications
- 12-Bit Resolution
- DNL -0.15, +0.25 LSB (Typical)
- 8-µs Output Settling Time (Typical)
- 4-mV Zero Code Error (Typical)
- Full-Scale Error at 0.06 %FS (Typical)
- 0.64-mW (3.6-V) / 1.43-mW (5.5-V) Normal
Mode Power Consumption (Typical)
- 0.14-µW (3.6-V) / 0.39-µW (5.5-V) Power-
Down Mode (Typical)
- Battery-Powered Instruments
- Digital Gain and Offset Adjustment
- Programmable Voltage and Current Sources
- Programmable Attenuators
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DAC121S101CIMKX/NOPB
The DAC121S101 device is a full-featured, general-purpose, 12-bit voltage-output digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that can operate from a single 2.7-V to 5.5-V supply and consumes just 177 µA of current at 3.6 V. The on-chip output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing and the three wire serial interface operates at clock rates up to 30 MHz over the specified supply voltage range and is compatible with standard SPI™, QSPI, MICROWIRE and DSP interfaces. Competitive devices are limited to 20-MHz clock rates at supply voltages in the 2.7 V to 3.6 V range.
The supply voltage for the DAC121S101 serves as its voltage reference, providing the widest possible output dynamic range. A power-on reset circuit ensures that the DAC output powers up to zero volts and remains there until there is a valid write to the device. A power-down feature reduces power consumption to less than a microWatt.
The low power consumption and small packages of the DAC121S101 make it an excellent choice for use in battery operated equipment.
The DAC121S101 is a direct replacement for the AD5320 and the DAC7512 and is one of a family of pin compatible DACs, including the 8-bit DAC081S101 and the 10-bit DAC101S101. The DAC121S101 operates over the extended industrial temperature range of &40®C to +104M7 natural dad while the DAC121S101-Q1 operates over the Grade 1 automotive temperature range of 40°C to +125°C. The DAC121S101 is available in a 6-lead SOT and an 8-lead VSSOP and the DAC121S101-Q1 is available in the 6-lead SOT only.