|Package | PIN:||RGH | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- 16-Bit Linearity
- Single-Wire Interface (SWIF), with Handshake
- Digital Data Transmission (No Loss of Fidelity)
- Pin Programmable Power-Up Condition
- Self Adjusting to Input Data Rate
- Loop Error Detection and Rreporting
- Programmable Output Current Error Level
- No External Precision Components
- Simple Interface to HART Modulator
- Small Package: WQFN-16 (4 × 4 mm, 0.5 mm Pitch)
- Output Current TempCo: 29 ppmFS/°C (Max)
- Long-Term Output Current Drift: 90 ppmFS (Typ)
- INL: 3.3/2.1 µA(Max)
- Total Supply Current: 190 µA (Max)
- Two-Wire, 4-20 mA Current Loop Transmitter
- Industrial Process Control
- Actuator Control
- Factory Automation
- Building Automation
- Precision Instruments
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Test Systems
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DAC161P997CISQX/NOPB
The DAC161P997 is a 16-bit ΣΔ digital-to-analog converter (DAC) for transmitting an analog output current over an industry standard 4-20 mA current loop. It offers 16-bit accuracy with a low output current temperature coefficient (29 ppm/°C) and excellent long-term output current drift (90 ppmFS) while consuming less than 190 µA.
The data link to the DAC161P997 is a Single Wire Interface (SWIF) which allows sensor data to be transferred in digital format over an isolation boundary using a single isolation component. The DAC161P997s digital input is compatible with standard isolation transformers and opto-couplers. Error detection and handshaking features within the SWIF protocol ensure error free communication across the isolation boundary. For applications where isolation is not required, the DAC161P997 interfaces directly to a microcontroller.
The loop drive of the DAC161P997 interfaces to a HART (Highway Addressable Remote Transducer) modulator, allowing injection of FSK modulated digital data into the 4-20 mA current loop. This combination of specifications and features makes the DAC161P997 ideal for 2- and 4-wire industrial transmitters.
The DAC161P997 is available in a 16-lead WQFN package and is specified over the extended industrial temperature range of 40°C to 105°C.