|Package | PIN:||DCK | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Relative Accuracy:
- 0.25 LSB INL (DAC5311: 8-Bit)
- 0.5 LSB INL (DAC6311: 10-Bit)
- 1 LSB INL (DAC7311: 12-Bit)
- microPower Operation: 80 µA at 2.0 V
- Power-Down: 0.5 µA at 5 V, 0.1 µA at 2.0 V
- Wide Power Supply: 2.0 V to 5.5 V
- Power-On Reset to Zero Scale
- Straight Binary Data Format
- Low Power Serial Interface With Schmitt-
Triggered Inputs: up to 50 MHz
- On-Chip Output Buffer Amplifier, Rail-to-Rail
- SYNC Interrupt Facility
- Extended Temperature Range 40°C to +125°C
- Pin-Compatible Family in a Tiny, 6-Pin SC70
Texas Instruments DAC5311IDCKT
The DAC5311 (8-bit), DAC6311 (10-bit), and DAC7311 (12-bit) devices are low-power, single-channel, voltage output digital-to-analog converters (DACs). The low power consumption of these devices in normal operation (0.55 mW at 5 V, reducing to 2.5 µW in power-down mode) makes it ideally suited for portable, battery-operated applications.
These devices are monotonic by design, provide excellent linearity, and minimize undesired code-to-code transient voltages while offering an easy upgrade path within a pin-compatible family. All devices use a versatile, three-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates of up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI™, QSPI™, Microwire, and digital signal processor (DSP) interfaces.
All devices use an external power supply as a reference voltage to set the output range. The devices incorporate a power-on reset (POR) circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up at 0 V and remains there until a valid write to the device occurs. The DAC5311, DAC6311, and DAC7311 contain a power-down feature, accessed over the serial interface, that reduces current consumption of the device to 0.1 µA at 2.0 V in power-down mode.
These devices are pin-compatible with the DAC8311 and DAC8411, offering an easy upgrade path from 8-, 10-, and 12-bit resolution to 14- and 16-bit. All devices are available in a small, 6-pin, SC70 (SOT) package. This package offers a flexible, pin- and function-compatible, drop-in solution within the family over an extended temperature range of 40°C to +125°C.