|Package | PIN:||PW | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- Micropower Operation: 500 µA at 3 V VDD
- Fast Update Rate: 188 kSPS
- Power-On Reset to Zero
- 2.7-V to 5.5-V Analog Power Supply
- 8-Bit Monotonic
- I2C Interface up to 3.4 Mbps
- Data Transmit Capability
- Rail-to-Rail Output Buffer Amplifier
- Double-Buffered Input Register
- Address Support for up to Sixteen DAC5573s
- Synchronous Update for up to 64 Channels
- Voltage Translators for all Digital Inputs
- Operation From 40°C to 105°C
- Small 16 Lead TSSOP Package
- Process Control
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Closed-Loop Servo Control
- PC Peripherals
- Portable Instrumentation
I2C is a trademark of Philips Corporation.
Texas Instruments DAC5573IPW
The DAC5573 is a low-power, quad channel, 8-bit buffered voltage output DAC. Its on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing. The DAC5573 utilizes an I2C-compatible two-wire serial interface supporting high-speed interface mode with address support of up to sixteen DAC5573s for a total of 64 channels on the bus.
The DAC5573 requires an external reference voltage to set the output range of the DAC. The DAC5573 incorporates a power-on-reset circuit that ensures that the DAC output powers up at zero volts and remains there until a valid write takes place in the device. The DAC5573 contains a power-down feature, accessed via the internal control register, that reduces the current consumption of the device to 200 nA at 5 V.
The low power consumption of this part in normal operation makes it ideally suited to portable battery operated equipment. The power consumption is less than 3 mW at VDD=5 V reducing to 1 µW in power-down mode
The DAC5573 is available in a 16-lead TSSOP package.