|Package | PIN:||PW | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Relative Accuracy:
- DAC5578 (8 bit): 0.25LSB INL
- DAC6578 (10 bit): 0.5LSB INL
- DAC7578 (12 bit): 1LSB INL
- Glitch Energy: 0.15nV-s
- Power-On Reset to Zero Scale or Midscale
- Devices in the TSSOP Package Reset to Zero Scale
- Devices in the QFN Package Reset to Zero Scale or Midscale
- Ultra-Low Power Operation: 0.13mA/ch at 5V
- Wide Power-Supply Range: +2.7V to +5.5V
- 2-Wire Serial Interface (I2C™ compatible)
- Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Portable Instrumentation
- Closed-Loop Servo Control
- Process Control
- Data Acquisition Systems
I2C is a trademark of NXP Semiconductors.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DAC5578SPW
The DAC5578 (8 bit), DAC6578 (10 bit), and DAC7578 (12 bit) are low-power, voltage-output, octal channel, digital-to-analog converters (DACs). The devices are monolithic, provide good linearity,and minimize undesired code-to-code transient voltages (glitch).
The devices use a versatile, 2-wire serial interface that is I2C-compatible and operates at clock rates of up to 3.4MHz. Multiple devices can share the same bus.
The devices incorporate a power-on-reset (POR) circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to zero-scale or midscale until a valid code is written to the device. These devices also contain a power-down feature, accessed through the serial interface, that reduces the current consumption of the devices to typically 0.42µA at 5V. Power consumption is typically 2.32mW at 3V, reducing to 0.68µW in power-down mode. The low power consumption and small footprint make these devices ideal for portable, battery-operated equipment.
The DAC5578, DAC6578, and DAC7578 are drop-in and functionally-compatible with the DAC7678. All devices are available in a 4x4, QFN-24 package and a TSSOP-16 package.