|Package | PIN:||DGS | 10|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- Micropower Operation: 500 µA at 3 V VDD
- Fast Update Rate: 188 kSPS
- Per-channel Power-down Capability
- Power-On Reset to Zero
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V Analog Power Supply
- 10-Bit Monotonic
- I²C Interface Up to 3.4 Mbps
- Data Transmit Capability
- On-Chip Output Buffer Amplifier, Rail-to-Rail Operation
- Double-Buffered Input Register
- Address Support for up to Four DAC6574s
- Synchronous Update Support for up to 16 Channels
- Operation From 40°C to 105°C
- Small 10 Lead MSOP Package
- Process Control
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Closed-Loop Servo Control
- PC Peripherals
- Portable Instrumentation
I²C is a trademark of Philips Corporation.
Texas Instruments DAC6574IDGS
The DAC6574 is a low-power, quad channel, 10-bit buffered voltage output DAC. Its on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved. The DAC6574 utilizes an I²C compatible two wire serial interface supporting high-speed interface mode with address support of up to four DAC6574s for a total of 16 channels on the bus.
The DAC6574 uses VDD and GND to set the output range of the DAC. The DAC6574 incorporates a power-on-reset circuit that ensures that the DAC output powers up at zero volts and remains there until a valid write takes place to the device. The DAC6574 contains a per-channel power-down feature, accessed via the internal control register, that reduces the current consumption of the device to 200 nA at 5 V.
The low power consumption of this part in normal operation makes it ideally suited to portable battery operated equipment. The power consumption is less than 3mW at VDD = 5 V reducing to 1 µW in power-down mode.
TI offers a variety of data converters with I²C interface. See DACx57x family of 16/12/10/8 bit, single and quad channel DACs. Also see ADS7823 and ADS1100, 12-bit octal channel and 16-bit single channel ADCs.