|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- INL: ±1 LSB Maximum at 16-Bit Resolution
- TUE: ±0.1% of FSR Maximum
- Integrated 2.5 V Precision Internal Reference
- Initial Accuracy: ±5 mV, Maximum
- LowDrift: 2 ppm/°C Typical, DAC80504
- High Drive Capability: 20 mA With 0.5 V From Supply Rails
- Flexible Output Configuration
- User Selectable Gain: 2, 1 or ½
- Reset to Zero Scale orMidscale
- Wide Operating Range
- Power Supply: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Temperature: –40˚C to+125˚C
- 50-MHz, SPI-Compatible Serial Interface
- 4-Wire Mode, 1.7 V to 5.5 V Operation
- Daisy-Chain Operation
- CRC Error Check
- Low Power: 0.7 mA/Channel at 5.5 V
- Small Package: 3-mm × 3-mm, 16-Pin WQFN
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DAC70504RTER
The DACx0504 is a pin-compatible family of low-power, four-channel, bufferedvoltage-output, digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with 16- and 14-bit resolution. The DACx0504includes a low drift, 2.5-V internal reference, eliminating the need for an external precisionreference in most applications. A user-selectable gain configuration provides full-scale outputvoltages of 1.25 V (gain = ½), 2.5 V (gain = 1), or 5 V (gain = 2). This device operates from asingle 2.7-V to 5.5-V supply, is specified monotonic, and provides high linearity of ±1 LSBINL.
Communication to the DACx0504 is performed through a 4-wire serial interface thatoperates at clock rates of up to 50 MHz. The VIO pin enables serial interface operation from 1.7 Vto 5.5 V. The DACx0504 flexible interface enables operation with a wide range of industry-standardmicroprocessors and microcontrollers.
The DACx0504 incorporates a power-on-reset circuit that powers up and maintains the DACoutputs at either zero scale or midscale until a valid code is written to the device. This deviceconsumes low current of 0.7 mA/channel at 5.5 V, making it suitable for battery-operated equipment.A per-channel power-down feature reduces the device current consumption to 15 µA.
The DACx0504 is characterized for operation over the temperature range of –40°C to+125°C, and is available in a small, 3-mm × 3-mm, QFN package.