|Package | PIN:||VSSOP (DGK) | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- microPOWER OPERATION: 135uA at 5V
- POWER-DOWN: 200nA at 5V, 50nA at 3V
- POWER SUPPLY: +2.7V to +5.5V
- TESTED MONOTONIC BY DESIGN
- POWER-ON RESET TO 0V
- THREE POWER-DOWN FUNCTIONS
- LOW POWER SERIAL INTERFACE WITH SCHMITT-TRIGGERED INPUTS
- ON-CHIP OUTPUT BUFFER AMPLIFIER, RAIL-TO-RAIL OPERATION
- SYNC\ INTERRUPT FACILITY
- SOT23-6 AND MSOP-8 PACKAGES
- PORTABLE BATTERY-POWERED INSTRUMENTS
- DIGITAL GAIN AND OFFSET ADJUSTMENT
- PROGRAMMABLE VOLTAGE AND CURRENT SOURCES
SPI and QSPI are registered trademarks of Motorola.
Microwire is a registered trademark of National Semiconductor.
Texas Instruments DAC7512E/250
The DAC7512 is a low-power, single, 12-bit buffered voltage output Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC). Its on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved. The DAC7512 uses a versatile three-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 30MHz and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI, Microwire, and DSP interfaces.
The reference for the DAC7512 is derived from the power supply, resulting in the widest dynamic output range possible. The DAC7512 incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures that the DAC output powers up at 0V and remains there until a valid write takes place in the device. The DAC7512 contains a power-down feature, accessed over the serial interface, that can reduce the current consumption of the device to 50nA at 5V.
The low power consumption of this part in normal operation makes it ideally suited to portable battery-operated equipment. The power consumption is 0.7mW at 5V reducing to 1uW in power-down mode.
The DAC7512 is available in a SOT23-6 package and an MSOP-8 package.