|Package | PIN:||RHB | 32|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- 2.7-V to 5.5-V Single Supply
- 12-Bit Linearity and Monotonicity
- Rail-to-Rail Voltage Output
- Settling Time: 5 µs (Max)
- Ultralow Glitch Energy: 0.1 nVs
- Ultralow Crosstalk: -100 dB
- Low Power: 1.8 mA (Max)
- Per-Channel Power Down: 2 µA (Max)
- Power-On Reset to Zero Scale and Mid Scale
- SPI-Compatible Serial Interface: Up to 50 MHz
- Simultaneous or Sequential Update
- Asynchronous Clear
- Binary and Twos-Complement Capability
- Daisy-Chain Operation
- 1.8-V to 5.5-V Logic Compatibility
- Specified Temperature Range: -40°C to 105°C
- Small, 5-mm x 5-mm, 32-Lead QFN Package
- Portable Battery-Powered Instruments
- Digital Gain and Offset Adjustment
- Programmable Voltage and Current Sources
- Programmable Attenuators
- Industrial Process Control
Microwire is a trademark of National Semiconductor Corp..
Texas Instruments DAC7558IRHBR
The DAC7558 is a 12-bit, octal-channel, voltage output DAC with exceptional linearity and monotonicity. Its proprietary architecture minimizes undesired transients such as code to code glitch and channel to channel crosstalk. The low-power DAC7558 operates from a single 2.7-V to 5.5-V supply. The DAC7558 output amplifiers can drive a 2-, 200-pF load rail-to-rail with 5-µs settling time; the output range is set using an external voltage reference.
The 3-wire serial interface operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz and is compatible with SPI, QSPI, Microwire, and DSP interface standards. The outputs of all DACs may be updated simultaneously or sequentially. The parts incorporate a power-on-reset circuit to ensure that the DAC outputs power up to zero volts and remain there until a valid write cycle to the device takes place. The parts contain a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to under 2 µA.
The small size and low-power operation makes the DAC7558 ideally suited for battery-operated portable applications. The power consumption is typically 7.5 mW at 5 V, 3.7 mW at 3 V, and reduces to 1 µW in power-down mode.
The DAC7558 is available in a 32-lead QFN package and is specified over -40°C to 105°C.