|Package | PIN:||DGK | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- 16-Bit Monotonic Over Temperature
- MicroPower Operation: 500 µA at 5 V
- Power-On Reset to Zero-Scale
- Power Supply: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Settling Time: 10 µs to ±0.003% FSR
- Ultra-Low AC Crosstalk: –100 dB Typ
- Low-Power Serial Interface With
- On-Chip Output Buffer Amplifier With Rail-to-Rail
- Double-Buffered Input Architecture
- Simultaneous or Sequential Output Update
- Available in a Tiny VSSOP-8 Package
Texas Instruments DAC8532IDGK
The DAC8532 is a dual channel, 16-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) offering low power operation and a flexible serial host interface. Each on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved over the supply range of 2.7 V to 5.5 V. The device supports a standard 3-wire serial interface capable of operating with input data clock frequencies up to 30 MHz for VDD = 5 V.
The DAC8532 requires an external reference voltage to set the output range of each DAC channel. The device incorporates a power-on reset circuit which ensures that the DAC outputs power up at zero-scale and remain there until a valid write takes place. The DAC8532 provides a flexible power-down feature, accessible over the serial interface, that reduces the current consumption of the device to 200 nA at 5 V.
The low-power consumption of the device in normal operation makes it ideally suited to portable battery-operated equipment and other low-power applications. The power consumption is 2.5 mW at 5 V, reducing to 1 µW in power-down mode.
The DAC8532 is available in a VSSOP-8 package with a specified operating temperature range of –40°C to 105°C.