|Package | PIN:||PW | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Relative Accuracy:
- DAC7568 (12-Bit): 0.3 LSB INL
- DAC8168 (14-Bit): 1 LSB INL
- DAC8568 (16-Bit): 4 LSB INL
- Glitch Energy: 0.1nV-s
- Internal Reference:
- 2.5V Reference Voltage (disabled by default)
- 0.004% Initial Accuracy (typ)
- 2ppm/°C Temperature Drift (typ)
- 5ppm/°C Temperature Drift (max)
- 20mA Sink/Source Capability
- Power-On Reset to Zero Scale or Midscale
- Ultralow Power Operation: 1.25mA at 5V Including Internal Reference Current
- Wide Power-Supply Range: +2.7V to +5.5V
- Monotonic Over Entire Temperature Range
- Low-Power Serial Interface with Schmitt-Triggered Inputs: Up to 50MHz
- On-Chip Output Buffer Amplifier with Rail-to-Rail Operation
- Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DAC8568IDPW
The DAC7568, DAC8168, and DAC8568 are low-power, voltage-output, eight-channel, 12-, 14-,and 16-bit digital-to-analog converters (DACs), respectively. These devices include a 2.5V, 2ppm/°Cinternal reference (disabled by default), giving a full-scale output voltage range of 2.5V or 5V.The internal reference has an initial accuracy of 0.004% and can source up to 20mA at theVREFIN/VREFOUT pin. These devices are monotonic,providing excellent linearity and minimizing undesired code-to-code transient voltages (glitch).They use a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 50MHz. Theinterface is compatible with standard SPI™,QSPI™, Microwire™, and digital signal processor (DSP)interfaces.
The DAC7568, DAC8168, and DAC8568 incorporate a power-on-reset circuit that ensures theDAC output powers up at either zero scale or midscale until a valid code is written to the device.These devices contain a power-down feature, accessed over the serial interface, that reducescurrent consumption to typically 0.18µA at 5V. Power consumption (including internal reference) istypically 2.9mW at 3V, reducing to less than 1µW in power-down mode. The low power consumption,internal reference, and small footprint make these devices ideal for portable, battery-operatedequipment.