|Package | PIN:||D | 14|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Controlled Baseline
- One Assembly
- One Test Site
- One Fabrication Site
- Extended Temperature Performance of -55°C to 125°C
- Enhanced Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) Support
- Enhanced Product-Change Notification
- Qualification Pedigree(1)
- 16-Bit Resolution
- 2.7-V to 5.5-V Single-Supply Operation
- Low Power: 15 µW for 3-V Power
- High Accuracy, INL: 1 LSB
- Low Glitch: 8 nV-s
- Low Noise: 10 nV/Hz
- Fast Settling: 1 µs
- Fast SPI Interface Up to 50 MHz
- Reset to Zero-Code
- Schmitt-Trigger Inputs for Direct Optocoupler Interface
- Industry-Standard Pin Configuration
- Portable Equipment
- Automatic Test Equipment
- Industrial Process Control
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Optical Networking
(1) Component qualification in accordance with JEDEC and industry standards to ensure reliable operation over an extended temperature range. This includes, but is not limited to, Highly Accelerated Stress Test (HAST) or biased 85/85, temperature cycle, autoclave or unbiased HAST, electromigration, bond intermetallic life, and mold compound life. Such qualification testing should not be viewed as justifying use of this component beyond specified performance and environmental limits.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DAC8831MCDEP
The DAC8830 and DAC8831 are single, 16-bit, serial-input, voltage-output digital-to-analog converters (DACs) operating from a single 3-V to 5-V power supply. These converters provide excellent linearity, low glitch, low noise, and fast settling over the specified temperature range of -55°C to 125°C. The output is unbuffered, which reduces the power consumption and the error introduced by the buffer.
These parts feature a standard high-speed (clock up to 50 MHz), 3-V or 5-V SPI serial interface to communicate with the DSP or microprocessors.
The DAC8830 output is 0 V to VREF. However, the DAC8831 provides bipolar mode output (±VREF) when working with an external buffer. The DAC8830 and DAC8831 are both reset to zero-code after power up.
For optimum performance, a set of Kelvin connections to external reference and analog ground input are provided on the DAC8831.
The DAC8830 is available in an SO-8 package and the DAC8831 is available in an SO-14 package. Both have industry standard pinouts.