|Package | PIN:||PFD | 100|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- High-Efficiency, High-Current RGB LED Driver
- Drivers for External Buck FETs up to 16 A
- Drivers for External RGB Switches
- 10-Bit Programmable Current per Channel
- Inputs for Selecting Color-Sequential RGB LEDs
- Generation of DMD High Voltage Supplies
- Two High Efficiency Buck Converters to Generate the DLPC343x and DMD Supply
- Three High Efficiency, 8-Bit Programmable Buck Converters for FAN Driver Application or General Power Supply. General Purpose Buck2 (PWR6 currently supported, others may be available in the future)
- Two LDOs Supplying Auxiliary Voltages
- Analog MUX for Measuring internal and external nodes such as a thermistor and reference levels
- Monitoring/Protections: Thermal Shutdown, Hot Die, Low-Battery, and Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DLPA3005DPFD
The DLPA3005 is a highly-integrated power management IC optimized forDLP®Pico™ Projector systems. The DLPA3005 supports LEDprojectors up to 16 A per LED, enabled by an integrated high efficiency buck controller.Additionally, the drivers control the RGB switches, supporting the sequencing of R, G, and B LEDs.The DLPA3005 contains five buck converters, two of which are dedicated for DLPC low voltagesupplies. Another dedicated regulating supply generates the three timing-critical DC supplies forthe DMD: VBIAS, VRST, and VOFS.
The DLPA3005 contains several auxiliary blocks which can be used in a flexible way. Thisenables a tailor-made Pico Projector system. Three 8-bit programmable buck converters can be used,for instance, to drive rgb projector FANs or to make auxiliary supply lines. General Purpose Buck2(PWR6) currently supported, others may be available in the future. Two LDOs can be used for alower-current supply, up to 200 mA. These LDOs are pre-defined to 2.5 V and 3.3 V.
Through the SPI, all blocks of the DLPA3005 can be addressed. Features included are thegeneration of the system reset, power sequencing, input signals for sequentially selecting theactive LED, IC self-protections, and an analog MUX for routing analog information to an externalADC.