|Package | PIN:||PW | 14|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Internal Zener Diode on Supply Pin for High-Voltage Operation
- 120- and 230-V AC Supply Through Rectifier and RSResistor
- 24-V, 48-V, and Higher DC Supply Through RSResistor
- Drives an External MOSFET With PWM to Control Solenoid Current
- External Sense Resistor for Regulating Solenoid Current
- Fast Ramp-Up of Solenoid Current to Ensure Activation
- Solenoid Current is Reduced in Hold Mode for Lower Power and Thermal Dissipation
- Ramp Peak Current, Keep Time at Peak Current, Hold Current, and PWM Clock Frequency Can Be Set Externally. They Can Also Be Operated at Nominal Values Without External Components.
- Thermal Shutdown
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Optional STATUS Output
- Operating Temperature Range: –40ºC to +125ºC
- 8-Pin and 14-Pin TSSOP Package Options
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV110APWR
The DRV110 device is a PWM current controller for solenoids. The device is designed toregulate the current with a well-controlled waveform to reduce power dissipation. The solenoidcurrent is ramped up fast to ensure opening of the valve or relay. After initial ramping, thesolenoid current is kept at a peak value to ensure correct operation, after which the current isreduced to a lower hold level to avoid thermal problems and reduce power dissipation.
The peak current duration is set with an external capacitor. The peak and hold levels ofthe current ramp, as well as the PWM frequency, can independently be set with external resistors.External setting resistors can also be omitted if the default values for the correspondingparameters are suitable for the application.
The DRV110 device has an internal Zener diode that limits the supply at VIN toVZENER for applications that require a higher supply voltage. Using theinternal Zener, the DRV110 can be powered from 120-V and 230-V AC supplies through a rectifier andcurrent-limiting resistor. High DC voltages such as 48-V can also be accommodated this way.