|Package | PIN:||RUN | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Flexible Haptic/Vibra Driver
- LRA (Linear Resonance Actuator)
- ERM (Eccentric Rotating Mass)
- Auto Resonance Tracking for LRA
- No Frequency Calibration Required
- Automatic Drive Commutation
- Automatic Braking Algorithm
- Wide Input PWM Frequency Range
- Constant Vibration Strength Over Supply
- Automatic Input Level Translation
- 0% to 100% Duty Cycle Control Range
- Fast Start Up Time
- Differential Drive from Single-Ended Input
- Wide Supply Voltage Range of 2.5 V to 5.2 V
- Immersion TouchSense® 3000 Compatible
- 1.8-V Compatible, 5-V Tolerant Digital Pins
- Available in a 2 mm × 2 mm × 0.75 mm Leadless QFN Package (RUN)
Texas Instruments DRV2603RUNR
The DRV2603 is a haptic driver designed specifically to solve common obstacles in driving both Linear Resonance Actuator (LRA) and Eccentric Rotating Mass (ERM) haptic elements. The DRV2603 is designed for low latency, high efficiency, and more drive strength for actuators commonly used for tactile feedback in the portable market.
LRA actuators typically have a narrow frequency band over which they have an adequate haptic response. This frequency window is typically ±2.5 Hz wide or less, so driving an LRA actuator presents a challenge. The DRV2603 solves this problem by employing auto resonance tracking, which automatically detects and tracks the LRA resonant frequency in real time. This means that any input PWM frequency within the input range (10 kHz to 250 kHz) will automatically produce the correct resonant output frequency. As an additional benefit, the DRV2603 implements an automatic braking algorithm to prevent LRA ringing at the end of waveforms, leaving the user with a crisp haptic sensation.
For both ERM and LRA actuators, the automatic input level translation solves issues with low voltage PWM sources without adding additional external components, so if the digital I/O levels vary, the output voltage does not change. The DRV2603 also has supply correction that ensures no supply regulation is required for constant vibration strength, allowing an efficient, direct-battery connection.