|Package | PIN:||YZF | 9|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Flexible Haptic/Vibra Driver
- LRA (Linear ResonanceActuator)
- ERM (Eccentric Rotating Mass)
- I2C Controlled Digital Playback Engine
- Real-Time Playback Modevia I2C
- Smart Loop Architecture(1)
- Automatic Overdrive/Braking(ERM/LRA)
- Automatic Resonance Tracking (LRA)
- AutomaticActuator Diagnostic (ERM/LRA)
- Automatic Level Calibration(ERM/LRA)
- Licensed Immersion™ TouchSense® 2200 features:
- Integrated Immersion Effect Library
- Audio to Vibe
- Optional PWM Input with 0% to 100% Duty Cycle Control Range
- Optional Analog Input Control
- Optional Hardware Trigger Pin
- Efficient Output Drive
- Fast Start Up Time
- Constant Acceleration Over Supply Voltage
- 1.8 V Compatible, VDD Tolerant Digital Pins (1)
(1)Patent pending control algorithm
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV2605YZFT
The DRV2605 device is designed to provide extremely-flexible haptic control of ERM andLRA actuators over a shared I2C-compatible bus. This control relievesthe host processor from ever generating pulse-width modulated (PWM) drive signals, saving bothcostly timer interrupts and hardware pins.
The DRV2605 device provides an extensive integrated library over 100 licensed effectsfrom Immersion for ERM and LRA which eliminates the need to design haptics waveforms.
The DRV2605 device offers a licensed version of the TouchSense 2200 software fromImmersion, which includes the 2200 Effects Library, and 2200 audio-to-vibe features. Additionally,the real-time playback mode allows the host processor to bypass the library playback engine andplay waveforms directly from the host through I2C.
The DRV2605 device also contains a smart-loop architecture, which allows effortless autoresonant drive for LRA as well as feedback-optimized ERM drive. This feedback provides automaticoverdrive and braking, which creates a simplified input waveform paradigm as well as reliable motorcontrol and consistent motor performance. The audio-to-haptics mode automatically converts an audioinput signal to meaningful haptic effects.
The DRV2605 device features a trinary-modulated output stage, providing greaterefficiency than linear-based output drivers. The 9-ball WCSP footprint, flexible operation, and lowcomponent count make the DRV2605 device the ideal choice for portable and touch-enabled vibratoryand haptic applications.
For an important notice regarding Immersion software, see the Legal Notice section.