|Package | PIN:||VFP | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- ±3-A Maximum Output Current
- Low Supply Voltage Operation: 2.8 V to 5.5 V
- High Efficiency Generates Less Heat
- Over-Current and Thermal Protection
- Fault Indicators for Over-Current, Thermal and Under-Voltage Conditions
- Two Selectable Switching Frequencies
- Internal or External Clock Sync
- PWM Scheme Optimized for EMI
- 9×9 mm PowerPAD Quad Flatpack
- Thermoelectric Cooler (TEC) Driver
- Laser Diode Biasing
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments DRV591VFP
The DRV591 is a high-efficiency, high-current power amplifier ideal for driving a wide variety of thermoelectric cooler elements in systems powered from 2.8 V to 5.5 V. PWM operation and low output stage on-resistance significantly decrease power dissipation in the amplifier.
The DRV591 is internally protected against thermal and current overloads. Logic-level fault indicators signal when the junction temperature has reached approximately 130°C to allow for system-level shutdown before the amplifiers internal thermal shutdown circuitry activates. The fault indicators also signal when an over-current event has occurred. If the over-current circuitry is tripped, the DRV591 automatically resets (see application information section for more details).
The PWM switching frequency may be set to 500 kHz or 100 kHz depending on system requirements. To eliminate external components, the gain is fixed at approximately 2.3 V/V.