|Package | PIN:||VFP | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- ±3-A Maximum Output Current
- Requires External PWM From DC to 1 MHz With TTL-Compatible Voltages for High and Low
- Low Supply Voltage Operation: 2.8 V to 5.5 V
- High Efficiency Generates Less Heat
- Over-Current and Thermal Protection
- Fault Indicators for Over-Current, Thermal and Under-Voltage Conditions
- 9×9 mm PowerPAD Quad Flatpack
- Thermoelectric Cooler (TEC) Driver
- Laser Diode Biasing
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments DRV592VFP
The DRV592 is a high-efficiency, high-current H-bridge ideal for driving a wide variety of thermoelectric cooler elements in systems powered from 2.8 V to 5.5 V. Low output stage on-resistance significantly decreases power dissipation in the amplifier.
The DRV592 may be driven from any external PWM generator such as a DSP, a microcontroller, or a FPGA. The frequency may vary from dc (i.e., on or off) to 1 MHz. The inputs are compatible with TTL logic levels.
The DRV592 is internally protected against thermal and current overloads. Logic-level fault indicators signal when the junction temperature has reached approximately 130°C to allow for system-level shutdown before the amplifiers internal thermal shutdown circuitry activates. The fault indicators also signal when an over-current event has occurred. If the over-current circuitry is tripped, the DRV592 automatically resets.