|Package | PIN:||PW | 14|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Stereo DirectPath™ Audio Line Driver
- 2 Vrms Into 10 kΩ With 3.3-V Supply
- Low THD+N < 0.01% at 2 Vrms Into 10 kΩ
- High SNR, >90 dB
- 600-Ω Output Load Compliant
- Differential Input and Single-Ended Output
- Adjustable Gain by External Gain-Setting
- Low DC Offset, <1 mV
- Ground-Referenced Outputs Eliminate DC-
- Reduce Board Area
- Reduce Component Cost
- Improve THD+N Performance
- No Degradation of Low-Frequency Response
Due to Output Capacitors
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Click- and Pop-Reduction Circuitry
- External Undervoltage Mute
- Active Mute Control for Pop-Free Audio On/Off
- Space-Saving TSSOP Package
Texas Instruments DRV632PWR
The DRV632 is a 2-VRMS pop-free stereo line driver designed to allow the removal of the output dc-blocking capacitors for reduced component count and cost. The device is ideal for single-supply electronics where size and cost are critical design parameters.
Designed using TI’s patented DirectPath™ technology, The DRV632 is capable of driving 2 VRMS into a 10-kΩ load with 3.3-V supply voltage. The device has differential inputs and uses external gain-setting resistors to support a gain range of ±1 V/V to ±10 V/V, and gain can be configured individually for each channel. Line outputs have ±8-kV IEC ESD protection, requiring just a simple resistor-capacitor ESD protection circuit. The DRV632 has built-in active-mute control for pop-free audio on/off control. The DRV632 has an external undervoltage detector that mutes the output when the power supply is removed, ensuring a pop-free shutdown.
Using the DRV632 in audio products can reduce component count considerably compared to traditional methods of generating a 2-VRMS output. The DRV632 does not require a power supply greater than 3.3 V to generate its 5.6-Vpp output, nor does it require a split-rail power supply. The DRV632 integrates its own charge pump to generate a negative supply rail that provides a clean, pop-free ground-biased 2-VRMS output.
The DRV632 is available in a 14-pin TSSOP.