|Package | PIN:||DCA | 56|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 8-V to 60-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- 1.7-A Source and 2.3-A Sink Gate Drive Current Capability
- Bootstrap Gate Driver With 100% Duty Cycle Support
- 6 or 3 PWM Input Modes
- Dual Integrated Current Shunt Amplifiers With Adjustable Gain and Offset
- 3.3-V and 5-V Interface Support
- Hardware Control Interface
- Protection Features:
- Programmable Dead Time Control (DTC)
- Programmable Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- PVDD and GVDD Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- GVDD Overvoltage Lockout (OVLO)
- Overtemperature Warning/Shutdown (OTW/OTS)
- Reported through nFAULT and nOCTW pins
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8302DCAR
The DRV8302 is a gate driver IC for three phase motor drive applications. It provides three half bridge drivers, each capable of driving two N-channel MOSFETs. The device supports up to 1.7-A source and 2.3-A peak current capability. The DRV8302 can operate off of a single power supply with a wide range from 8-V to 60-V. It uses a bootstrap gate driver architecture with trickle charge circuitry to support 100% duty cycle. The DRV8302 uses automatic hand shaking when the high side or low side MOSFET is switching to prevent current shoot through. Integrated VDS sensing of the high and low side MOSFETs is used to protect the external power stage against overcurrent conditions.
The DRV8303 includes two current shunt amplifiers for accurate current measurement. The amplifiers support bi-directional current sensing and provide and adjustable output offset up to 3 V.
The DRV8302 also includes an integrated switching mode buck converter with adjustable output and switching frequency. The buck converter can provide up to 1.5 A to support MCU or additional system power needs.
A hardware interface allows for configuring various device parameters including dead time, overcurrent, PWM mode, and amplifier settings. Error conditions are reported through the nFAULT and nOCTW pins.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.