|Package | PIN:||DCA | 48|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 6-V to 60-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- 1.7-A Source and 2.3-A Sink Gate Drive Current Capability
- Slew Rate Control for EMI Reduction
- Bootstrap Gate Driver With 100% Duty Cycle Support
- 6 or 3 PWM Input Modes
- Dual Integrated Current-Shunt Amplifiers With Adjustable Gain and Offset
- 3.3-V and 5-V Interface Support
- Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
- Protection Features:
- Programmable Dead Time Control (DTC)
- Programmable Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- PVDD and GVDD Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- GVDD Overvoltage Lockout (OVLO)
- Overtemperature Warning/Shutdown (OTW/OTS)
- Reported through nFAULT, nOCTW, and SPI Registers
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8303DCAR
The DRV8303 is a gate driver IC for three-phase motor-drive applications. The device provides three half bridge drivers, each capable of driving two N-channel MOSFETs. The device supports up to 1.7-A source and 2.3-A peak current capability. The DRV8303 can operate off of a single power supply with a wide range from 6-V to 60-V. It uses a bootstrap gate-driver architecture with trickle charge circuitry to support 100% duty cycle. The DRV8303 uses automatic hand shaking when the high-side or low-side MOSFET is switching to prevent current shoot through. Integrated VDS sensing of the high-side and low-side MOSFETs is used to protect the external power stage against overcurrent conditions.
The DRV8303 includes two current-shunt amplifiers for accurate current measurement. The amplifiers support bi-directional current sensing and provide and adjustable output offset up to 3 V.
The serial peripheral interface (SPI) provides detailed fault reporting and flexible parameter settings such as gain options for the current-shunt amplifiers and slew-rate control of the gate drivers.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.