|Package | PIN:||DDW | 44|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High-Efficiency Power Stage (up to 97%) With
Low RDS(on) MOSFETs (110 mΩ at TJ = 25°C)
- Operating Supply Voltage up to 52 V
- DRV8412 (Power Pad Down): up to 2 × 3-A Continuous
Output Current (2 × 6-A Peak) in Dual Full-Bridge
Mode or 6-A Continuous Current in Parallel Mode
- DRV8432 (Power Pad Up): up to 2 × 7-A Continuous
Output Current (2 × 12-A Peak) in Dual Full-Bridge
Mode or 14-A Continuous Current in Parallel Mode
- PWM Operating Frequency up to 500 kHz
- Integrated Self-Protection Circuits Including Undervoltage,
Overtemperature, Overload, and Short Circuit
- Programmable Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit Protection
- Independent Supply and Ground Pins for Each Half Bridge
- Intelligent Gate Drive and Cross Conduction Prevention
- No External Snubber or Schottky Diode is Required
- Brushed DC and Stepper Motors
- Three-Phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors
- Robotic and Haptic Control System
- Actuators and Pumps
- Precision Instruments
- TEC Drivers
- LED Lighting Drivers
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments DRV8412DDW
The DRV841x2 are high-performance, integrated dual full-bridge motor driver with an advanced protection system.
Because of the low RDS(on) of the H-Bridge MOSFETs and intelligent gate drive design, the efficiency of these motor drivers can be up to 97%. This high efficiency enables the use of smaller power supplies and heatsinks, and the devices are good candidates for energy-efficient applications.
The DRV841x2 requires two power supplies, one at 12 V for GVDD and VDD, and another up to 50 V for PVDD. The DRV841x2 can operate at up to 500-kHz switching frequency while still maintaining precise control and high efficiency. The devices also have an innovative protection system safeguarding the device against a wide range of fault conditions that could damage the system. These safeguards are short-circuit protection, overcurrent protection, undervoltage protection, and two-stage thermal protection. The DRV841x2 has a current-limiting circuit that prevents device shutdown during load transients such as motor start-up. A programmable overcurrent detector allows adjustable current limit and protection level to meet different motor requirements.
The DRV841x2 has unique independent supply and ground pins for each half-bridge. These pins make it possible to provide current measurement through external shunt resistor and support multiple motors with different power supply voltage requirements.