|Package | PIN:||ZQV | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High Current Output: 400 mA
- Wide Supply Voltage Range (2.5 V to 5.5 V) for Direct Battery Operation
- Low Quiescent Current: 1.7 mA (Typical)
- Fast Startup Time: 100 µs
- Low Shutdown Current: 10 nA
- Output Short-Circuit Protection
- Thermal Protection
- Enable Pin is 1.8-V Compatible
- Available in a 3-mm × 3-mm VQFN Package (DRB) and 2-mm × 2-mm MicroStar Junior™ PBGA Package (ZQV)
Texas Instruments DRV8601ZQVR
The DRV8601 is a single-supply haptic driver that is optimized to drive a DC motor (also known as Eccentric Rotating Mass or ERM in haptics terminology) or a linear vibrator (also known as Linear Resonant Actuator or LRA in haptics terminology) using a single-ended PWM input signal. With a fast turn-on time of 100 µs, the DRV8601 is an excellent haptic driver for use in mobile phones and other portable electronic devices.
The DRV8601 drives up to 400 mA from a 3.3-V supply. Near rail-to-rail output swing under load ensures sufficient voltage drive for most DC motors. Differential output drive allows the polarity of the voltage across the output to be reversed quickly, thereby enabling motor speed control in both clockwise and counter-clockwise directions, allowing quick motor stopping. A wide input voltage range allows precise speed control of both DC motors and linear vibrators.
With a typical quiescent current of 1.7 mA and a shutdown current of 10 nA, the DRV8601 is ideal for portable applications. The DRV8601 has thermal and output short-circuit protection to prevent the device from being damaged during fault conditions.