|Package | PIN:||RGP | 20|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 70)|
- High-Voltage Piezo Haptic Driver
- Drives up to 100 nF at 200 VPP and 300 Hz
- Drives up to 150 nF at 150 VPP and 300 Hz
- Drives up to 330 nF at 100 VPP and 300 Hz
- Drives up to 680 nF at 50 VPP and 300 Hz
- Differential Output
- Integrated Boost Converter
- Adjustable Boost Voltage
- Adjustable Current Limit
- Integrated Power FET and Diode
- No Transformer Required
- Fast Start Up Time of 1.5 ms
- Wide Supply Voltage Range of 3.0 V to 5.5 V
- 1.8V Compatible Digital Pins
- Thermal Protection
- Available in a 4 mm × 4 mm × 0.9 mm QFN package (RGP)
Texas Instruments DRV8662RGPR
The DRV8662 is a single-chip piezo haptic driver with integrated 105 V boost switch, integrated power diode, and integrated fully-differential amplifier. This versatile device is capable of driving both high-voltage and low-voltage piezo haptic actuators. The input signal can be either differential or single-ended. The DRV8662 supports four GPIO-controlled gains: 28.8 dB, 34.8 dB, 38.4 dB, and 40.7 dB.
The boost voltage is set using two external resistors, and the boost current limit is programmable via the REXT resistor. The boost converter architecture will not allow the demand on the supply current to exceed the limit set by the REXT resistor; therefore, the DRV8662 is well-suited for portable applications. This feature also allows the user to optimize the DRV8662 circuit for a given inductor based on the desired performance requirements.
A typical start-up time of 1.5 ms makes the DRV8662 an ideal piezo driver for fast haptic responses. Thermal overload protection prevents the device from being damaged when over driven.