|Package | PIN:||RHB | 32|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C AmbientOperating Temperature
- Single Half-Bridge Gate Driver
- Drives Two External N-Channel MOSFETs
- Supports 100% PWM Duty Cycle
- 5.5 to 45-V Operating Supply-Voltage Range
- PWM Control Interface
- Serial Interface for Configuration (DRV8703D-Q1)
- Smart Gate Drive Architecture
- Adjustable Slew-Rate Control
- Supports 1.8-V, 3.3-V, and 5-V logic inputs
- Current-Shunt Amplifier
- Integrated PWM Current Regulation
- Low-Power Sleep Mode
- Protection Features
- Supply Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Charge-Pump Undervoltage (CPUV) Lockout
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Gate-Driver Fault (GDF)
- ThermalShutdown (TSD)
- Watchdog Timer (DRV8703D-Q1)
- Fault-Condition Output (nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8703DQRHBRQ1
The DRV870xD-Q1 devices are small half bridge gate drivers that use twoexternal N-channel MOSFETs targeted to drive unidirectional brushed-DC motors or solenoidloads.
A PWM interface allows simple interfacing to controller circuits. Aninternal sense amplifier provides adjustable current control. Integrated Charge-Pump allows for100% duty cycle support and can be used to drive external reverse battery switch. Independent HalfBridge mode allows sharing of half bridges to control multiple DC motors sequentially in acost-efficient way. The gate driver includes circuitry to regulate the winding current using fixedoff-time PWM current chopping.
The DRV870xD-Q1devices include Smart Gate Drive technology to remove the need for any external gate components(resistors and Zener diodes) while protecting the external FETs. The Smart Gate Drive architectureoptimizes dead time to avoid any shoot-through conditions, provides flexibility in reducingelectromagnetic interference (EMI) with programmable slew-rate control and protects against anygate-short conditions. Additionally, active and passive pulldowns are included to prevent any dv/dtgate turn on.