|Package | PIN:||DCP | 38|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Motor Driver
- Drives External N-Channel MOSFETs
- PWM Control Interface for Dual DC Motors
- Supports 100% PWM Duty Cycle
- 8-V to 52-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Adjustable Gate Drive (4 Levels)
- 50-mA to 200-mA Source Current
- 100-mA to 400-mA Sink Current
- Integrated PWM Current Regulation
- Flexible Decay Modes
- Automatic Mixed Decay Mode
- Slow Decay
- Fast Decay
- Mixed Decay (Adjustable Percent Fast)
- Highly Configurable SPI
- Torque DAC to Digitally Scale Current
- Low-Current Sleep Mode (65 µA)
- 5-V, 10-mA LDO Regulator
- Thermally-Enhanced Surface-Mount Package
- 38-Pin HTSSOP (PowerPAD)
- Protection Features
- VM Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Gate Driver Fault (PDF)
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Fault Condition Indication Pin (nFAULT)
- Fault Diagnostics through SPI
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8704DCPR
The DRV8704 is a dual-brushed motor controller for industrial equipment applications. Thedevice controls external N-channel MOSFETs configured as two H-bridges.
Motor current can be accurately controlled using adaptive blanking time and variouscurrent decay modes, including an automatic mixed decay mode.
A simple PWM interface allows easy interfacing to controller circuits. A SPI serialinterface is used to program the device operation. Output current (torque), gate drive settings,and decay mode are all programmable through a SPI serial interface.
Internal shutdown functions are provided for overcurrent protection, short-circuitprotection, gate driver faults, undervoltage lockout (UVLO), and overtemperature. Fault conditionsare indicated by a FAULTn pin, and each fault condition is reported by a dedicated bit through SPI.
The DRV8704 is packaged in a PowerPAD™38-pin HTSSOP package with thermal pad (Eco-friendly: RoHS & no Sb/Br).