|Package | PIN:||RMJ | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Low ON-Resistance (0.83 Ω) Outputs
- Low-Power Sleep Mode
- 100% PWM Supported
- 6.5 to 36-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Thermally Enhanced Surface-Mount Package
- Configurable Overcurrent Limit
- Protection Features
- VBB Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Short-to-Supply Protection
- Short-to-Ground Protection
- Overtemperature Warning (OTW)
- Overtemperature shutdown (OTS)
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Fault Conditions Indicated On Pin (nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8801AQRMJRQ1
The DRV8801A-Q1 device provides a versatile motor-driver solution with a full H-bridge driver. The device can drive a brushed DC motor or one winding of a stepper motor, as well as other devices like solenoids. A simple PHASE and ENABLE interface allows easy interfacing to controller circuits.
The output stages use N-channel power MOSFETs configured as an H-bridge. The DRV8801A-Q1 device is capable of peak output currents up to ±2.8 A and operating voltages up to 36 V. An internal charge pump generates required gate drive voltages.
A low-power sleep mode is provided which shuts down internal circuitry to achieve very low quiescent current draw. This sleep mode can be set using a dedicated nSLEEP pin.
Internal protection functions are provided undervoltage lockout, overcurrent protection, short-to-supply protection, short-to-ground protection, overtemperature warning, and overtemperature shutdown. Overcurrent (including short-to-ground and short-to-supply) and overtemperature fault conditions are indicated via an nFAULT pin.
The DRV8801A-Q1 device is packaged in a 16-pin WQFN package with wettable flanks and exposed thermal pad (Eco-friendly: RoHS & no Sb/Br).For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.