|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 4-Channel Protected Low-Side Driver
- Four NMOS FETs With Overcurrent Protection
- Integrated Inductive Clamp Diodes
- Indexer/Translator for Unipolar Stepper Motors
- Simple Step/Direction Interface
- Three Step Modes (2-Phase Full-Step, 1-2-
Phase Half-Step, 1-Phase Wave Drive)
- DW Package: 1.5-A (Single Channel On) /
800-mA (Four Channels On) Maximum Drive
Current per Channel (at 25°C)
- PWP Package: 2-A (Single Channel On) /
1-A (Four Channels On) Maximum Drive Current
per Channel (at 25°C, With Proper PCB
- 8.2-V to 60-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Thermally Enhanced Surface Mount Package
Texas Instruments DRV8805DW
The DRV8805 provides an integrated solution for driving unipolar stepper motors. It includes four low-side drivers with overcurrent protection and provides built-in diodes to clamp turnoff transients generated by the motor windings.
Indexer logic to control a unipolar stepper motor using a simple step/direction interface is also integrated. Three stepping modes are supported: 2 phase (full-step), 1-2 phase (half-step), and 1-phase (wave drive).
In the SOIC (DW) package, the DRV8805 can supply up to 1.5-A (one channel on) or 800-mA (all channels on) continuous output current per channel, at 25°C. In the HTSSOP (PWP) package, it can supply up to 2-A (one channel on) or 1-A (four channels on) continuous output current per channel, at 25°C with proper PCB heatsinking.
Internal shutdown functions are provided for overcurrent protection, short-circuit protection, under voltage lockout, and overtemperature, and faults are indicated by a fault output pin.
The DRV8805 is available in a 20-pin thermally-enhanced SOIC package and a 16-pin HTSSOP package (Eco-friendly: RoHS & no Sb/Br).