|Package | PIN:||PWP | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 4-Channel Protected Low-Side Driver
- Four NMOS FETs With Overcurrent Protection
- Integrated Inductive Clamp Diodes
- Serial Interface
- Open/Shorted Load Detection
- 2-A (Single Channel On)/1-A (All Channels On)
Maximum Drive Current per Channel (at 25°C)
- 8.2-V to 40-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Thermally-Enhanced Surface Mount Package
Texas Instruments DRV8806PWPR
The DRV8806 provides a 4-channel low-side driver with overcurrent protection. It has built-in diodes to clamp turnoff transients generated by inductive loads and can be used to drive unipolar stepper motors, DC motors, relays, solenoids, or other loads.
The DRV8806 can supply up to 2-A (single channel on) or 1-A (all channels on) continuous output current (with adequate PCB heatsinking at 25°C).
A serial interface is provided to control the output drivers. Fault status can be read through the serial interface. Multiple DRV8806 devices can be chained together to use a single serial interface.
Internal shutdown functions are provided for overcurrent protection, short-circuit protection, undervoltage lockout, and overtemperature, and faults are indicated by a fault output pin.
The DRV8806 is available in a 16-pin HTSSOP package (Eco-friendly: RoHS & no Sb/Br).