|Package | PIN:||PWP | 28|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Microstepping Motor Driver
- Built-In Microstepping Indexer
- Up to 8 Microsteps/Step
- Step and Direction Control
- Programmable Mixed Decay, Blanking, and Off Time
- Up to 2.5-A Current Per Winding
- Low 0.37-Ω (HS + LS) MOSFET RDS(ON) (25°C)
- 8-V to 35-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Pin to Pin Upgrade for DRV8811 With Lower RDS(ON)
- Thermally-Enhanced Surface Mount Package
- Protection Features
- VM Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
Texas Instruments DRV8818PWPR
The DRV8818 provides an integrated stepper motor driver solution for printers, scanners, and other automated equipment applications. The device has two H-bridge drivers, as well as microstepping indexer logic to control a stepper motor.
The output driver block for each consists of N-channel power MOSFETs configured as full H-bridges to drive the motor windings.
A simple STEP/DIRECTION interface allows easy interfacing to controller circuits. The mode pins allow for configuration of the motor in full-step, half-step, quarter-step, or eighth-step modes. Decay mode and PWM off time are programmable.
Internal shutdown functions are provided for over current protection, short circuit protection, under-voltage lockout and overtemperature.
The DRV8818 is packaged in a 28-pin HTSSOP package with PowerPAD.