|Package | PIN:||DCA | 48|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Dual PWM Microstepping Motor Driver
- Built-In Microstepping Indexers
- Up to 1.5-A Current Per Winding
- Three-Bit Winding Current Control
Allows up to Eight Current Levels
- Low MOSFET On-Resistance
- Selectable Slow or Mixed Decay Modes
- 8-V to 32-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Internal Charge Pump for Gate Drive
- Built-in 3.3-V Reference
- Simple Step/Direction Interface
- Fully Protected Against Undervoltage,
Overtemperature, and Overcurrent
- Thermally-Enhanced Surface Mount Package
Texas Instruments DRV8821DCA
The DRV8821 provides a dual microstepping-capable stepper motor controller/driver solution for printers, scanners, and other office automation equipment applications.
Two independent stepper motor driver circuits include four H-bridge drivers and microstepping-capable indexer logic. Each of the motor driver blocks employ N-channel power MOSFETs configured as an H-bridge to drive the motor windings.
A simple step/direction interface allows easy interfacing to controller circuits. Pins allow configuration of the motor in full-step, half-step, quarter-step, or eighth step modes, and the selection of slow or mixed decay modes.
Internal shutdown functions are provided for over current protection, short-circuit protection, undervoltage lockout, and overtemperature.
The DRV8821 is packaged in a 48-pin HTSSOP package (Eco-friendly : RoHS & no Sb/Br).